Monday, August 5, 2013

For the Models

I haven't been doing make up on other people for that long, but I have done it enough to have some advice. 

Everyone takes care of themselves differently, which is understandable. But if you frequently are in front of a camera or are having make up applied to you then there are a few things you should pay attention to. 

1. Get plenty of sleep the night before. Sleep does affect your skin and defiantly the way you preform. 

2. Drink lots of water. Water is great for your skin, and the less the photographer has to photoshop the images the better the shoot will turn out. 

3. Exfoliate your skin, paying attention to your lips. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells, which makes applying make up simpler and smoother. Use moisturizer after exfoliating to add back in vitamins and nutrients. 

4. Keep well groomed including eyebrows, lip hair, and nails. Eye brows are the most important, they are in the main focus of your face and determine if your look comes together or falls apart. Nails are probably not that important unless you use your hands often next to your face.

5. Come to the shoot with a clean, moisturized face unless otherwise arranged. That's it, keep it beyond simple. 

My pet peeve is a model who is playing with her phone when I'm trying to apply make up. I'm on my phone all the time, except when I'm at a shoot. I'm giving my time, please respect that and give up some of your time. We are all there to work together. 

- Rayzor ^_^! 

No comments:

Post a Comment