Friday, September 6, 2013

Kat Von D Lock It Foundation Review and Comparison

Hello hello!!! So a few days ago I stepped into Sephora for the first time ever! I know, shocker! But I really like it, and was able to see brands that Ulta doesn't carry. 

I had gone with the intention of buying the Kat Von D Lock It Foundation, which I did and I added a lot of other products to my wish list. ^_^! 



To start off, the packaging. I think it was beautifully designed for someone who is a tattoo artist having a make up line. The box and product pump have a tattoo rose design around them. Simple writing with just the bare essentials on the package. 

The actual product pump is just that, a pump. So you don't have to worry about bacteria getting to the product. The pump is an air system so it moves up when used and doesn't actually have a tube in the container. 

For the product you get 1 fl oz, for $34. To me that is a lot of money since I mostly use Revlon Colorstay which is 1 fl oz for $10. 



Comparison:
Kat Von D Lock It Foundation 
1 fl oz $34
Only available at Sephora
21 % pigment 
24 hour wear with transfer resistance 
Absorbs oils, leaving a soft matte finish 
Formulated with out parabens and synthetic fragrances 

Revlon Color Stay 
1 fl oz for $10-13 
Drugstore brand available at many different locations 
24 hour long wear with a light weight formula that won't cake, fade, or rub off 
With time release technology specifically formulated for combination to oily skin to control oil absorption and shine 

Personal opinion 
Both offer medium to full coverage, that is light weight and leaves a soft smooth finish. I would use either on a daily basis. 

This is not a comparison between the two products, this is a comparison between what I have been using to what is new to my collection and will be using. 

Sources:
Google searches for information about products 
Photos found on google 

-Rayzor
Instagram: sharpcreations
Twitter: @sharpcreations
WIX:

No comments:

Post a Comment