Friday, September 13, 2013

Impulse Co review

Hello hello! 

I stumbled upon a make up company that I had never heard of before: Impulse Cosmetics. So me being the very curious person that I am, I ordered samples of their pigments. I asked for them to send me their most purchased, and personal favorites. 

From their Etsy shop they have 3600+ sales! So of course they have 1100+ followers. I think this is awesome for a company that isn't in Ulta or Sephora yet, which I completely believe that we will see that in the future, or at least hearing more about. 

For being so inexpensive they have an wide range to choose from for colors in eyeshadow, lipsticks, glitters and nail polish/art, being as they offer 132 different items. 

Prices: 
Single eye shadow pigments $3.99
Glitters $3.99
Lipsticks $6.99
Nail polish/art $2.99-3.99

Seeing as their pigments are 5 gram jars which is roughly 1/2 tsp, those prices are completely amazing. Especially once you consider how pigmented the colors are, as well as the longevity of intense color. 

Honest opinion: If I were at a store buying makeup given the option between any high end shadow and Impulse as a dupe or similar shade I would choose Impulse every time. They have amazing pigments, packs on cleanly with little to no fall out, and doesn't crease. 

As for the samples that I ended up with they are 5 for $4.50 which I think is an awesome price for the amount of pigment you actually get. 


 
Above are my swatches using NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk as a base. 

The colors are vibrant and true. Photos have no filter, taken in my kitchen under normal in house lighting on my phone. 

I have fallen in love with the color Notch. I think I wore it everyday for 2 weeks after receiving the samples, and I still have more than half of the sample left. That is how pigmented these are. You do not have to use a lot of product to get the look you are trying to produce. 

I do feel like this has just been me saying the same things over and over again: amazing products, amazing pigmentation. And that is how I feel. 

Ashely's photos from her experience with Impulse Co. 



I would definitely recommend this brand, any products to a friend or use them on clients or models. 

If I were to order more products I would have to choose: 
Cosmetic glitter Halloween limited edition
Space cadet opaque matte lipstick 
Manic lipstick
Gossip eyeshadow 
Ecstasy lipstick 

You can find their store at: 

My YouTube review: 

Thank you for reading, I hope that you enjoy this review and at least order samples to determine if you like the company as much as I do. 




No comments:

Post a Comment